> Frank W. Putnam Trauma Research Scholars
Frank W. Putnam Trauma Research Scholars
Apply by May 28, 2020
Frank W. Putnam Trauma Research Scholars are named in honor of Dr. Frank W. Putnam, who is recognized for his outstanding contributions to the field of traumatic stress research, service to children and families around the world, and decades of mentorship and service to the society. Previously the student research grant program, the Frank W. Putnam Research Scholars Program was endowed by anonymous donors identified as the friends and colleagues of Dr. Putnam.
This program providees two $1,000 awards to student members who submit proposals judged to have the greatest potential to contribute to the field of traumatic stress. ISTSS corresponding members who have confirmed they are students are eligible for this award.
How to Apply
In one inclusive email, submit the application—along with the following materials—to Erika Wolf, Student Research Grant Committee Chair:
- A research proposal (maximum six pages, double spaced; 12-point font) that includes the following information:
- the aims and potential significance of the proposed study
- a brief presentation of the background for the work
- a description of methods and design
- an outline of proposed analyses
- coverage of other general or unique issues related to the research (e.g., feasibility; sample size or statistical power)
- A budget that includes a brief explanation for proposed use of funds (maximum one page)
- A Curriculum Vitae including publications and presentations (maximum two pages)
- A letter of support from a research advisor for the project (maximum one page). This letter must state the advisor’s support for the project and outline his or her role in supervising it. The research advisor can outline the relevant institutional approvals and attest to the fact that they will be secured before the project is conducted in the event that direct documentation of approval is not yet available.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION
Applications and supporting materials are due by May 28, 2020.
No late proposals will be accepted. Announcement of award recipients will be made at the ISTSS 36th Annual Meeting in November.