ISTSS 39th Annual Meeting
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the ISTSS 39th Annual Meeting November 1-4, 2023, at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites in Los Angeles, California, United States. Keep the conversation going as an ISTSS member—our Special Interest Groups and volunteer opportunities can help you connect with traumatic stress professionals from around the world. See our full list of member benefits and join today!
Scalable Strategies to Address the Impact of Trauma Worldwide: Innovations and Implementation
Read about the ISTSS 39th Annual Meeting in eight other languages:
Ọgbakọ Ọmenafọ ISTSS NKE 39 (Igbo)
39ª Reunião Anual da ISTSS (Brazilian Portuguese)
39˚ Reunión Anual de la ISTSS (Spanish)
سی و نهمین نشست سالانه ISTSS (Farsi)
39ème Réunion Annuelle de l’ISTSS (French)
ISTSS 39. Jährliches Treffen (German)
Hội nghị thường niên lần thứ 39 của ISTSS (Vietnamese)
The ISTSS Annual Meeting is where professionals and students across disciplines—including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, counselors, researchers, administrators, victim advocates, and anyone else with an interest in the study and treatment of traumatic stress—come to see old friends and colleagues, meet new ones, and develop and strengthen collaborative relationships in order to move the field of traumatic stress forward. Don't miss your chance to be part of our international assembly for the exchange of research, clinical strategies, public policy concerns, and theoretical formulations of trauma.
The ISTSS 39th Annual Meeting will focus on innovative strategies can be used (and scaled up) to address the impact of traumatic stress on mental and physical health. In pursuit of this goal, we seek presentations examining scalable strategies and technological innovations for studying and treating PTSD. Furthermore, we seek presentations that cut across traditional diagnostic categories and adopt dimensional and multiple-levels-of-analysis approaches to understanding trauma-related psychopathology. Additionally, we are interested in research that addresses multimorbidity in the context of trauma. We welcome presentations that speak to the comorbidity of psychological conditions after trauma, as well as to the interplay of mental and physical health after traumatic events.
With respect to intervention work, innovative transdiagnostic treatment approaches and treatments designed to address comorbidity in the aftermath of trauma will align closely with the meeting’s theme. The goals of this meeting are to showcase the connections that can be made when we widen our scope beyond PTSD and to demonstrate how appreciating these processes and impacts can inform a more comprehensive approach to improving the lives of individuals who experience trauma.
We encourage submissions on topics related—but not limited to—research on:
- Innovative treatments that address the myriad consequences of trauma
- Examining the impact of technological innovations on studying or treating PTSD
- Scalable strategies to examine the impact of trauma and its treatment
- Dimensional approaches to studying posttraumatic psychopathology
- Highlighting posttraumatic psychological comorbidities (e.g., PTSD and substance use disorders)
- Multimorbidity of mental and physical health that can occur after trauma
- Integrating multiple levels of analyses (e.g., biological, psychological, interpersonal) to address mechanisms underlying mental and physical health consequences of trauma exposure
- Taking a life course perspective to address how trauma can impact emotional health and/or get embedded “under the skin” to influence physical health
- Describe how technological innovations can be implemented to study or treat PTSD.
- Describe how transdiagnostic framework can be used to understand manifestations of psychopathology after trauma exposure
- Identify innovative and scalable approaches to examine in which experiences of traumatic stress can contribute to adverse mental and physical health
- Discuss advances in innovative and scalable trauma-focused interventions that address a broad range of consequences of trauma for health
ISTSS will require attendees at the 2023 Annual Meeting to follow all COVID-19 guidelines that are in place at the time of the meeting from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and local government, and The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites. Individuals should contact ISTSS Executive Director Diane Elmore Borbon to address specific circumstances or exceptional situations.
Cancellation and Change Policy
Notification of cancellation must be submitted in writing by email to [email protected]. Cancellations received on or before October 13, 2023, will be refunded less a $100 cancellation charge; no refunds will be given after October 13, 2023. Substitutions are allowed at any time, but must be submitted in writing and must be of the same membership type.