Mid-Career Innovation Award
This award is given to an individual who has used innovative methods to advance the field of traumatic stress in the areas of prevention, research, treatment, teaching, policy, and advocacy. This individual should be within five to 15 years since the award of their highest degree.
Submit Your Nomination
Nominations will be judged against the following criteria:
- Use of innovative methods to advance the field of traumatic stress in the areas of prevention, research, treatment, teaching, policy, and advocacy
- Evidence of a scientifically informed approach to innovation
- Evidence of reach and impact of the innovative research, treatment or knowledge translation activity
- Nominees can be self-nominated or nominated by someone else
- Preference will be given to nominees who are members of ISTSS
- Nominees should have received their highest qualification between 10 and 15 years ago
- Career disruptions of up to 12 months will be taken into account when calculating the time-limit of this award. Career disruptions are defined as periods of leave for childcare, caring responsibilities and/or illness.
- Applications are especially encouraged for innovative approaches that address diverse populations and health disparities
The awardee will receive
- Complimentary registration to the 2023 ISTSS Annual Meeting (excludes Pre-Meeting Institutes)
- One night complimentary accommodation at the 2023 ISTSS Annual Meeting (room and tax only; recipients are responsible for their own travel and hotel arrangements)
- A plaque presented at the Annual Meeting
- An announcement will appear in the ISTSS newsletter Stresspoints and be posted to the ISTSS website
- A statement addressing the award criteria (up to 500 words)
- A statement outlining how the applicant meets the criteria of having received their highest qualification in the past 10 to 15 years, including evidence of any career disruption that may extend this timeline (up to 250 words).
- A two-page CV (minimum 10 point font)
Upload your nomination for the award in one PDF document. Please adhere to the following naming convention when uploading your document: First Name_Last Name_2023_Innovation_ Award (please use the first and last name of the nominee)
Nominations submitted after the deadline of May 15, 2023, 11.59pm US Eastern Time, incomplete nominations or nominations that do not adhere to submission requirements (word and page limits) will not be considered.
Past Innovation Award Winners
2022 Dr. Roxanne Cohen Silver and Dr. E. Alison Holman
2021 Amy Ai, PhD
2020 Albert “Skip” Rizzo, PhD