Distinguished Mentorship Award
The ISTSS Distinguished Mentorship Award honours and promotes the considerable efforts and accomplishments of individuals who consistently serve as effective mentors for students in the field of traumatic stress. The award recognizes individuals who effectively guide students throughout their professional training in a multifaceted partnership sustained by mutual respect and concern.
Submit Your Nomination.
- Nominees must have served in a mentorship role within the past two years
- Nominees must have not received this award in the past five years.
Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
- Nomination letter endorsed by multiple students, offering strong praise, excitement for the mentor and specific details about the mentor
- Publications (greater than 20) in which students are first-authors OR for faculty that are not as research oriented, strong evidence of clinical supervision or evidence of supporting students in matters of diversity equity and inclusion
- Examples of leadership and has mentored at least 7 students
- Evidence of a supportive environment for students. Respects student goals and supports student goal attainment.
The awardee will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the ISTSS Annual Meeting (excludes Pre-Meeting Institutes)
- A plaque presented at the Annual Meeting
- An announcement will appear in Stresspoints, the ISTSS Newsletter
- A 1-2 page nomination letter by students, with at least three students attesting to the nomination by signing the letter.
- A 2-page CV (minimum 10 point font)
- An statement, for additional justifications, up to 1,000 characters (e.g. time since received PhD/ self-identification as Black/Indigenous or belonging to an underserved group).
Upload your nomination for the award in one PDF document. Please adhere to the following naming convention when uploading your document: First Name_Last Name_2023_Student_Distinguished_Mentorship_Award. Please use the first and last name of the nomine.
Nominations submitted after the deadline of May 15, 2023, 11.59pm US Eastern Time, incomplete nominations or nominations that do not adhere to submission requirements (word and page limits) will not be considered.