Outstanding Student Advocacy and Service Award
Nominate By March 1, 2024
The ISTSS Student Advocacy and Service Award recognizes a student member of ISTSS who has made significant contributions in the field of public advocacy, clinical work, and traumatic stress at a local, national, and/or international level. The award promotes efforts by students who have worked to advance the understanding of trauma or to improve the access to and quality of services that benefit those affected by traumatic events.
Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
- Nominees must be a current member of ISTSS or a student member in the past year
- Nominees must be a student member when completing the activity for which they are nominated.
- Nomination must be by an ISTSS member
- Nomination letter demonstrates specific examples of pronounced efforts to serve others through public advocacy and/or clinical work in the field of traumatic stress.
- Noted history of involvement with trauma-related organization(s). Noted attendance of trauma-related organization (e.g., ISTSS or affiliate organizations) meeting(s) in the past. May or may not have served in a student position with ISTSS.
- Student has a history of being committed to DEI issues
The awardee will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the ISTSS Annual Meeting (excludes Pre-Meeting Institutes)
- A plaque presented at the Annual Meeting
- An announcement will appear in Stresspoints, the ISTSS Newsletter
- Nominees can be self or other-nominated
- A statement addressing the award criteria up to 4,000 characters
- A two-page CV (minimum 10 point font)
- An statement, addressing additional justifications, up to 1,000 characters (e.g. time since received PhD/ self-identification as Black/Indigenous or belonging to an underserved group).
Upload your nomination for the award in one PDF document. Please adhere to the following naming convention when uploading your document:
First Name_Last Name_2024_Outstanding_Student_Advocacy_Service_Award. Please use the first and last name of the nominee.
Nominations submitted after the deadline of March 1, 2024, 11.59pm US Eastern Time. Incomplete nominations or nominations that do not adhere to submission requirements (word and page limits) will not be considered.