Underrepresented Scholars Membership Award
This award is intended to provide an avenue for membership and organizational involvement for talented scholars from around the world who identify as Black or Indigenous professionals.
ISTSS memberships and Annual Meeting registration will be awarded to support and recognize five (5) self-identified Black and/or Indigenous early career professionals whose focus is within the scope of traumatic stress in the areas of research, teaching, policy work, or clinical service.
- Awardees should have completed their training and be within 10 years of receiving their degree.
- Individuals may apply whether or not they are current ISTSS members.
- Awardees will also have the opportunity to apply for a renewal of up to 2 additional years dependenting on level of engagement and participation, and the applicant’s specific circumstances.
- Will be awarded support and recognize five (5) self-identified Black and/or Indigenous early career professionals whose focus is within the scope of traumatic stress in the areas of research, teaching, policy work, or clinical service
- A short statement (no more than 1 page) explaining your area of professional or academic focus; why you would like to become an ISTSS member, or why you would like to continue in ISTSS if you are currently a member; how ISTSS may benefit your career; and how you anticipate contributing to ISTSS's mission or how you have contributed to date
- A brief biography (two to three paragraphs in length), including information regarding your self-identity as Black and/or Indigenous
- A CV
Awardees will receive:
- One year of ISTSS membership
- One registration for the Annual Meeting
- The opportunity to review abstracts for the Annual Meeting
The deadline to submit nominations is 11:59 pm U.S. Eastern Time on June 30, 2022. ISTSS encourages you to consider candidates from countries outside of North America, as well as within. Non-elected board members (ex-officios) are eligible to be nominated for awards. The Society will recognize award winners at the ISTSS 38th Annual Meeting, November 9–12, 2022, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Please direct your questions to Angela Nickerson at [email protected]