Board Meeting in Baltimore Names New Executive Committee, Location of Future Meetings and More
January 1, 2003
The ISTSS board of directors met November 6, 2002, in Baltimore prior to the annual meeting. A brief summary of highlights follows.
- The 2004 annual meeting will be held in New Orleans on November 14–17, and the 2005 meeting in Toronto on November 2–6.
- Elana Newman, chair of the Organizational Publications Committee, received ex-officio status on the Executive Committee.
- Beth Hudnall Stamm, Web editor, received ex-officio status on the board of directors.
- President Onno van der Hart introduced the new executive committee: Vice President Laurie Anne Pearlman; Secretary Mary Ann Dutton; Treasurer Stuart Turner; President Elect Paula Schnurr; Past President John Briere; and ex-officio member Elana Newman as Organizational Publications Committee chair.
- Election candidate biographical information will be posted on the Web site; if you want the material mailed to you, as done previously, contact email@example.com.
- The Sociedad Argentina de Psicotrauma is recognized as an affiliate of ISTSS.
- The Fundraising Task Force was established as a standing committee.
- A Task Force on Committee Structure was established to examine the society’s committee and task force structure and make recommendations to the board for changes.