Call for ISTSS Website Editor
April 25, 2016
ISTSS is seeking a dynamic, creative ISTSS member to serve a 3 year term as Website Editor beginning July 2016. This is an opportunity to play a key role in the continued development and growth of a vibrant ISTSS web presence.
The ISTSS Board is committed to supporting a dynamic and engaging web presence for the Society, to support ISTSS’ mission and strategic plan and provide valuable resources and connections to members. The Website Editor works closely with two Associate Editors to generate and update site content (e.g., the Trauma Blog) and features, and to continually evaluate key metrics to ensure that the website effectively reaches and engages members and others. Further, the Editor will be asked to consider carrying forward two specific projects launched by the current website committee when the new website content management system software was initiated. The first is to enhance the public resources section on the site to better serve as a place where laypersons can go to learn about the effects of trauma, strategies for coping with trauma, and modalities for treating trauma-related problems. The second is to enhance our assessment repository to incorporate additional evidence-based assessment tools.
The Website Editor participates in ISTSS Board meetings as an ex officio (non-voting) member. This voluntary position has an annual stipend of US$5000.
Please submit a letter of interest, Curriculum Vitae, and 2 letters of recommendation to Eric Bailey at ISTSS Headquarters (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Able to network with other professionals and solicit content for the website
- Experience managing website content and functions
- Familiar with Web technology and Web analytics
- Familiar with ISTSS mission, membership, structure (active ISTSS member for at least 2 years)
- Able to implement an overall vision for the ISTSS website as set by the Board, and to bring new ideas to Board and management staff to improve and enhance the website
- Able to commit sufficient time (5-10 hours per week)