Award for Excellence in Trauma Services for the Underserved
Policy, Advocacy, Research and Clinical (PARC) Award
Nominate By March 1, 2024
The ISTSS Award for Excellence in Trauma Services for the Underserved: Policy, Advocacy, Research and Clinical (PARC) is intended to recognize and promote excellence in trauma work being undertaken with underserved populations. Underserved populations differ across the world, but the focus for this award is populations facing systemic barriers to equity, inclusion, and social justice based on identities, including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, nationality, political beliefs, and other ideologies.
Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated engagement in trauma work with underserved populations
- Sustained commitment to trauma work with underserved populations
- Demonstrated commitment to trauma-related diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Sustained commitment to ISTSS via membership or service activities
- Nominees can be self-nominated or nominated by someone else
- Preference will be given to candidates who self-identify as belonging to an underserved population
- Preference will be given to nominees who are members of ISTSS
The awardee will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the ISTSS Annual Meeting (excludes Pre-Meeting Institutes)
- One night complimentary accommodation at the ISTSS Annual Meeting (room and tax only; recipients are responsible for their own hotel and travel arrangements)
- A plaque presented at the Annual Meeting
- An announcement will appear in the ISTSS newsletter Stresspoints and be posted to the ISTSS website
- A statement addressing the award criteria (up to 500 words)
- A two-page CV (minimum 10 point font)
Upload your nomination for the award in one PDF document. Please adhere to the following naming convention when uploading your document: First Name_Last Name_2024_PARC_ Award (pease use the first and last name of the nominee).
Nominations submitted after the deadline of March 1, 2024, 11.59pm US Eastern Time. Incomplete nominations or nominations that do not adhere to submission requirements (word and page limits) will not be considered.
Past Policy, Advocacy, Research and Clinical (PARC) Award Winner
2023 Dr. Denise Hien
2022 Dr. Lauren Ng