The Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress
Chair: Miranda Olff
Co-Chair: Ulrich Schnyder
View the full Steering Committee
ISTSS is partner in the Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress.
The Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress consists of researchers and clinicians representing traumatic stress societies worldwide, which work together on traumatic stress topics of global importance.
In 2010 ISTSS adopted a strategic plan with the important goal to strengthen global relationships. As part of a package of global activities, ISTSS initiated the Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress in 2012 (See Olff, 2014; 2015; Schnyder, 2013, Schnyder & Olff, 2013, Schnyder, et al., 2017) when the global project team with representatives from eight traumatic stress societies first met and decided on the first topics to collaborate on.
The aims of the Global Collaboration are:
"To identify objectives, facilitate development, and coordinate activities of global importance [..] the community of traumatic stress researchers and practitioners should develop collaborations, and ultimately structures, that would enable them to optimally respond to those tasks that are best addressed by means of international collaboration” (Schnyder et al., 2017).
Currently, the Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress works on five themes with projects addressing important global traumatic stress issues. ISTSS members are invited to check out the themes and projects and to participate where possible.
The following professional societies are currently partnering in the Global Collaboration on Traumatic Stress:
For more see Partners. Other groups engaged in traumatic stress related issues are welcome.
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS)
- European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS)
- Japanese Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (JSTSS)
- Australasian Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ASTSS)
- Argentina Society for Psychotrauma (SAPsi)
- Asian Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (Asian STSS-Hong Kong)
- Canadian Psychological Association Traumatic Stress Section (CPA TSS)
- German-speaking Society for Psychotraumatology (DeGPT)
- Asociación Chilena de Estrés Traumático (ACET)
- (South) African Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (in formation)