Volunteer with ISTSS
Grow Your Professional Nework by Volunteering with ISTSS
Looking to become more involved with ISTSS? Do you want to meet other trauma professionals with shared interests?
- Volunteers play an integral role in the day-to-day activities of the society and contribute to the decision-making process that helps shape ISTSS.
- Volunteers make connections with other volunteers and leaders in the profession, creating a powerful professional network.
- Volunteerism adds leadership, service, and professional dedication to CVs.
- Assist ISTSS in achieving the goals outlined in the Strategic Plan.
How to Volunteer
To apply for an open volunteer opportunity, please contact ISTSS Volunteer Coordinator Nicole Nugent, PhD.
Open Volunteer Opportunities
Education Production Subcommittee Volunteers
The ISTSS Education Production Subcommittee is looking for volunteers who have a passion for creating high-quality and accessible educational content on traumatic stress. Volunteers who are a good fit for the committee have, on average, 2 hours per month to devote to committee work, which may include: 1) directly creating educational content, 2) working with ISTSS members to facilitate the production of educational content, 3) reviewing drafts of in-progress educational content, and 4) attending monthly meetings.
In alignment with the Education Content Task Force’s Recommendations, we anticipate the following topics as priorities for education production over the next 2-4 years:
- Dissemination of ISTSS’ treatment guidelines and the interventions that appear in the recommendations
- Educational content on the intersections of traumatic stress and climate change
- Educational content on the intersections of traumatic stress and communities currently facing discrimination and marginalization, beginning with a focus on Black and indigenous people of color
The Education Production Committee strives to represent the ideas of ISTSS membership broadly by elevating voices that may typically be underrepresented as “experts.” This includes collaborating with ISTSS members from diverse backgrounds across stage of career, discipline, and nationality. If you are interested in volunteering for the committee, please email Melissa Zielinski, Education Production Subcommittee Chair.
ISTSS is an international organization. As such, it is critical that we provide our research and resource materials in multiple languages. This is a key component of ISTSS’s strategic translation plan, which outlines a clear vision for increasing ISTSS’ visibility as the premier global professional organization and promoting mutual communication on a global level. To this end, we are seeking to fill the following role.
If you are fluent in languages other than English, please contact: Nicole Nugent, PhD or Misari Oe.
Questions? Contact Nicole Nugent, PhD, Volunteer Coordinator