Global Travel Award
Each year, some traumatic stress professionals engaged in important and cutting edge-research and clinical work in underserved regions of the world are unable to attend the ISTSS Annual Meeting due to financial limitations. A limited number of Global Travel Awards are available from ISTSS each year to support Annual Meeting attendees coming from underserved regions of the world (e.g., lower- and middle-income countries; underresourced communities in higher income countries) and experiencing financial hardship with fees or travel costs. The travel awards are supported by voluntary contributions from ISTSS members and vary each year in terms of availability.
Submit Your Nomination
Applications will be judged on potential to contribute to and influence traumatic stress study and treatment in applicants' own communities.
- Nominees can be self-nominated or nominated by someone else
- Priority given to applicants whose work has been accepted for presentation at Annual Meeting
- Nominees cannot have held an ISTSS Travel Award in the past three years
- Preference will be given to nominees who are members of ISTSS
The awardee will receive:
- A contribution to travel costs ($USD2,000 will be awarded in total, to be distributed by the committee).
- Complimentary registration to the ISTSS Annual Meeting (excludes Pre-Meeting Institutes)
- An announcement will appear in the ISTSS newsletter Stresspoints and be posted to the ISTSS website.
- A statement addressing the award criteria (up to 500 words)
- A statement of need that explains the impact or importance of attending the meeting (up to 250 words)
- A 2-page CV (minimum 10 point font)
Upload your nomination for the award in one PDF document. Please adhere to the following naming convention when uploading your document: First Name_Last Name_2023_Global_Travel_ Award. Please use the first and last name of the nominee.
Nominations submitted after the deadline of May 15, 2023, 11.59pm US Eastern Time, incomplete nominations or nominations that do not adhere to submission requirements (word and page limits) will not be considered.