Student Travel Award
The ISTSS Student Travel Award provides a $2,000 travel grant to students to support their participation and contribution to the ISTSS annual meetings. The potential awardee will need to confirm that in case of receiving award/funding they will be able to participate. Preference will be given to students from underrepresented, underserved and economically disadvantaged communities, regions and countries.
Submit Your Nomination
- Nominee must be current member of ISTSS or a student member last year
- Nominee must be nominated by an ISTSS member
- Nominee may NOT be on the Student Section
- Priority is given to those who have had presentations accepted at ISTSS Annual Meeting
Nominations will be judged against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated impact or importance of attending meeting
- Plan for how applicant will take advantage of professional development opportunities at annual meeting
- Demonstrate how applicant will use information learned at Annual meeting and/or connections made to further professional development in trauma field
- Evidence of engagement with and/or achievement in field of traumatic stress studies
The awardee will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the ISTSS Annual Meeting (excludes Pre-Meeting Institutes)
- A plaque presented at the Annual Meeting
- An announcement will appear in the ISTSS newsletter, Stresspoints
- A statement of need that explains the impact or importance of attending this Annual Meeting
- A current curriculum vitae
- A letter of recommendation
Upload your nomination for the award in one PDF document. Please adhere to the following naming convention when uploading your document: First Name_Last Name_2023_Student_Travel Award. Please use the first and last name of the nominee.
Nominations submitted after the deadline of May 15, 2023, 11.59pm US Eastern Time, incomplete nominations or nominations that do not adhere to submission requirements (word and page limits) will not be considered.