Code of Conduct
ISTSS is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for everyone attending or associated with the ISTSS Annual Meeting. All participants, including but not limited to attendees, presenters, volunteers, exhibitors, ISTSS staff members, vendors and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct.
ISTSS does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment at our annual meeting. If you experience or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, please inform Rick Koepke or Kristin Miodonski so we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form.
- Abuse of any attendee, presenter, volunteer, exhibitor, ISTSS staff member, vendor or other meeting guest. Examples of abuse include but are not limited to: verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, language, health, socioeconomic status, marital status, domestic status, political affiliation or parental status.
- Nudity and/or sexual images in sessions, in the meeting app or in other virtual spaces related to the annual meeting
- Threatening or stalking any attendee, presenter, volunteer, exhibitor, ISTSS staff member, vendor or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the meeting app or in other virtual spaces related to the annual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ISTSS staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements or solicitation for services. ISTSS reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
ISTSS reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ISTSS reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.