> Claim CE/CME for ISTSS 2022
Claim CE/CME for ISTSS 2022Personal Attendance Log
Complete and retain this log for your records. The personal attendance log tracker is solely for personal use to assist with the online Evaluations.
How to Claim CE/CME Credit
- Use the Personal Attendance Log to enter the titles of sessions you attended and retain for your records to complete the online attendance application.
- If you purchase CE/CME, you will receive an email one week after the end of the end of the conference to complete your CE/CME session evaluations online. Evaluations are provided to the speakers anonymously.
Completing the Online CE/CME Evaluation and Printing Your Certificate*:
- You will receive a link to the online CE/CME Session Evaluation via email one week after the end of the conference.
- Use your ISTSS login to access. If you do not remember your login, you can use the link to prompt the system to send it to you.
- Scroll down on the screen until you see the meeting CE/CME. Click on “Take Exam” to complete the evaluation. An exam is NOT given.
- Choose your credit type - CE or CME.
- Evaluate the sessions you attended. Full attendance is required for CE credit.
- When your Session Evaluation and CE/CME Required Questions are complete, click “Submit.” You will not be able to edit your submission after you submit.
- You will have your credited certificate immediately available to print.
*Must be completed by February 12, 2023, for live sessions.
- If you have any questions, please contact Patricia Ferchland-Bingham at: [email protected]
- The CE credit offered is not "academic" and cannot be used toward an academic degree.
- The following events/presentations are not available for continuing education credits: poster sessions, awards ceremony, business meeting, networking events, student events and special interest group meetings.
Does CME apply to me?
CME is only for physicians (MD) or doctors of osteopathy (DO). In addition, some professionals who work in related fields such as nurses or physician’s assistants are required to obtain certificates from CME events for their job or to meet license requirements. The wording on their certificates is slightly different from that of a MD/DO certificate. Only MDs and DOs are allowed to receive AMA PRA credit.
In addition, not all physicians need CME, it depends if they are required to obtain CME for either maintaining their state or other types of licenses, for hospital privileges or requirements, or to meet workplace requirements. Physicians are responsible for knowing the requirements that apply to them. A list of state licensure requirements is available on the American Medical Association’s website: www.ama-assn/org/cme.
I am not from the United States. Does CME apply to me?
It depends if your licensing body or workplace requires you to obtain CME. We cannot answer this for you. Not all countries have reciprocal agreements that recognize US CME. Some countries have recently begun considering adopting the US CME model. Odds are if you have never heard of CME before, you don’t need it. However, as more countries begin to adopt the US CME format, it may be something you will need in the future. Unfortunately, the listing of countries or international licensing bodies who may have recently adopted US CME is not available. Check with your own accrediting or licensing authoritative body, if applicable.
I am not a physician, but I would like a CME certificate, is that okay?
Yes, however, please make sure you indicate on the CME packet that you are requesting a non-MD/DO CME certificate. The wording used on non-MD certificates is slightly different from the MD/DO certificates.
Why is this paperwork required by attendees?
The paperwork is required to comply with policies set forth by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the American Medical Association (AMA). It also allows us to document what sessions you attended to create certificates, and keep that information on file for you for up to six years.
How long will it take to receive my certificate?
Certificates are generated by the online system once you complete your online attendance.
Can I sign up for CME after the event?
If you didn’t sign up for CE/CME within your registration, contact headquarters immediately after the conference.
Can I get a refund of the CME fee?
Only if you find out that your country does not recognize CME. Otherwise, only for extenuating circumstances, on a case-by-case basis, will refunds be allowed.
Can I get a Certificate of Attendance or a special letter instead of a CME certificate?
Yes, if you do not need a CME certificate, but still need some type of verification that you attended, Certificates of Attendance are available at the on-site registration desk. However, if you need something more detailed than a certificate, complete the CME packet and make notes as to what details you need on the letter. Headquarters will create a tailored letter to your needs and send to you after the conference.
If you have any questions, please contact Patricia Ferchland-Bingham.
*The personal attendance log tracker is solely for personal use to assist with the online Evaluations.